ADVISORY: Shaker Motors
Notice: When using the Genuine Authorized Stern Shaker Motor Kit #502-5027-01 on Spike 1 and Spike 2 system games, it is required that the Cabinet Node Capacitor Kit be installed. This additional capacitor prevents mysterious SLAM TILT switch activations from occurring.
Mysterious SLAM TILT switch activations during gameplay when a shaker motor is installed in a game.
Electrical noise on the 48v power source.
Install the Capacitor Service Kit 502-7059-00.
Note: This advisory applies only to Genuine Authorized Stern Shaker Motor Kits. Stern does not support or warrant the use of this kit with unauthorized shaker motors. This kit has only been tested and approved for use with Genuine Authorized Stern Shaker Motors. Use of this kit with unauthorized motors may have adverse effects. Stern does not recommend, support, or warrant the use of unauthorized
Newer Spike system Shaker Motor Kits #502-5027-01 include the Capacitor Service Kit. To acquire a Capacitor Service Kit, US customers should contact Stern Pinball, Inc. at 800-542-5377 or Parts.Service@sternpinball.com
All customers outside of the US should contact their distributor.
1) 036-8060-00 Cap-Cable Shaker Assembly
2) 756-6249-00 Instruction Sheet
1. Make sure the game power is turned off and the game is unplugged.
2. Unplug Cabinet Node board power connector at location CN14.
3. Plug Cap-Cable Harness connector (the end without capacitor) into the Cabinet Node board at location CN14. See Figure 1 below.
4. Plug Cap-Cable Harness connector (the end with capacitor and Z-header) into the connector removed in Step 2 at location CN14. See Figure 1 below.
5. Dress Capacitor Cable next to the Cabinet Node against the cabinet wall as shown in Figure 2 below.
6. Dress excess cabinet cable into the top cable clamp as shown in Figure 2 below.
7. Plug the game back in and turn the game on.
CAUTION: Make sure that only the Shaker Motor harness (red + blue wires) plugs into the
Connector at location CN2 on the Cabinet Node board.